In this episode of “Inside the Plan with the 401(k) Brothers”, Bill Bush and Andy Bush, advisors at Horizon Financial Group talk about the 21st Annual Transamerica Retirement Survey, discussing the top 8 retirement dreams of workers, what the results were of that survey, and then give their feedback into that.
· 02:26- One of the main things they always tell people is that plan for it, and be intentional about your retirement.
· 04:00–It was interesting as the ideal concepts for all these four groups were freedom, enjoyment, and stress-free retirement.
· 04:38– In the survey, it was found that 5% of the polls had no dreams at all.
· 06:13– The idea behind pursuing an encore career is that they've already secured enough for retirement, and now they kind of got to pursue their interests.
· 08:23– In the survey, 21% of workers mentioned that they have the dream of taking care of grandchildren during retirement.
· 10:15– Further, 51% of the survey respondents said, they would dream of pursuing hobbies in retirement.
· 11:17– The 59% of folks cited the dream of spending more time with family and friends.
· 15:16- Certain expenses cover your needs that you're going to have to pay for, and how do you do that if you haven't planned?
Three Key Points
1. If you have a plan, goal, and destination, even though some things may occur that knock you off of your path to that goal or destination, you're probably going to recover your self and revert to your path.
2. In the survey, the eighth dream amongst the top eight dreams was to continue working in the same field; number seven was pursuing an encore career,something new.. that you haven't done; number six was starting a business; number five was taking care of grandchildren; number four was volunteering; number three was pursuing hobbies; number two was spending more time with family, and number one was traveling.
3. It's good to get intentional about your retirement and think about what is retirement going to mean for you?
· “About17% of the respondents of this survey said they would be dreaming of pursuin gan encore career in retirement.” – Bill Bush
· “Some folks in retirement move closer to their grandchildren.” –Andy Bush
· “26% of folks said they would enjoy doing volunteering to keep them busy.” – Bill Bush
· “Volunteering, giving back to the community certainly builds that sense of purpose.” – Andy Bush
· “59% of workers dream of traveling in retirement.” – Bill Bush
· Horizon Financial Group - Website
· Contact Information: Bill Bush Andy Bush
You may subscribe and listen to the Inside The Plan podcast on these platforms: